Barentz International, a global life science ingredients distributor, announced today that it has acquired Distribuciones Industriales Variadas, S.A. (“Divsa” or the “Business”), Central America’s leading value-adding distributor of life science ingredients and specialty chemicals. With locations across Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Panama, Divsa represents the ideal fit to bridge Barentz’ well-established presence in North and South America. The team will continue to be led by Mario Mena, Divsa’s President & Founder, and the headquarters will remain in Guatemala City.
- Dedicated commercial & technical teams serving targeted end-markets including personal care, flavors & fragrances, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, coatings, and polyurethanes
- Value-add operational services, including in-house blending, repackaging and transportation assets, combine to offer customers unmatched service-levels
- Coverage across Central America bridges Barentz’ leading positions in North and South America
- Multiple in-house laboratories & technical service teams are highly complementary to Barentz’ global network of more than 30 laboratories across 4 continents
- Portfolio of blue-chip product lines provide the opportunity for further expansion of strategic supplier relationships
Hidde van der Wal, CEO of Barentz, commented: “We are thrilled to welcome Mario and his team to the Barentz organization and immediately establish a market leading presence in the Central American region. Divsa has an impressive track record of delivering results for its key stakeholders and we are excited to leverage our combined capabilities to create better solutions that enable sustained success for our customers, principals and employees across LATAM.”
Mario Mena, President of Divsa, added: “From the beginning, our goal was to establish Divsa as a scalable, differentiated distributor that would be a sustainable home for our employees, customers, and suppliers. Given Barentz’ global footprint, entrepreneurial culture, and proven track-record of successful partnerships with independent businesses, I saw a combination with Barentz as the best way to ensure and continue Divsa’s mission long into the future.”