For the last three decades, Slow Food, an international organization based in Ital;y has been working to defend biodiversity and combat the climate crisis. Promoting good, clean and fair food for all, Slow Food involves over a million people in more than 160 countries with thousands of active projects,
Globally. Slow Food Communities protects thousands of food products and traditions at risk of extinction, in 2022
- In Africa, it has over 3,000 food gardens that support communities and local economies.
- Ark of taste describes and catalogues more than 5,000 products.
- 500 Presidia supporting the work of farmers, herders, fishers and artisan food producers.
- 2,000 food communities joined together in the international Terra Madre network.
- 1,500 convivia who organize local activities around the world
- Many food education activities for men, women and children of all ages.
- International events like Terra Madre Salone del Gusto, Slow Fish, Cheese and Slow Food Nations.
- Awareness-raising and information campaigns about fishing, meat and animal welfare, food waste, land grabbing, seeds and GMOs, food and health, coffee, oil, wine and more.