May 21, 2024

23 German companies are taking part in Hispack 2024

  • German exhibitors are increasing their presence at the Spanish packaging trade fair, which takes place from May 7th to 10th at the Fira de Barcelona.
  • Germany is the fifth largest exhibitor and visitor country at the trade fair.

With the participation of 23 direct exhibitors, Germany is strengthening its presence at Hispack, one of Europe’s leading trade fairs for the packaging industry, which takes place from May 7th to 10th at the Fira de Barcelona. Germany will be the country with the fifth most exhibitors at this year’s edition. It is also expected to be among the top countries in terms of visitor numbers.

The areas of packaging machines and accessories, labeling, labeling and marking, filling systems and process technology as well as automation and robotics are with exhibitors such as Krones, Mink Brushes, cardboard finishing Knapp, Illig Maschinenbau, Franke, Schur Star Systems, Meypack Verpackungssystemetechnik, BJT Pack, Carl Valentin, cab Produkttechnik, Ibea, ITW Diagraph, Icotek, Heinrich Kipp and Adapa Group are most represented. Manufacturers of industrial packaging and primary packaging will also continue to be present, including Jonatura, Meyer Seals, Cabka Group, Penn ElCom, Sekisui Chemical, SHB, Sesotec and Söhner Kunststofftechnik. The German exhibitors whose Spanish subsidiaries are exhibiting in Barcelona are not even counted – above all companies such as Beckhoff, Bizerba, Heuft Systemtechnik, HSM, Weber Maschinenbau or Wipotec (and many more). The complete list of exhibitors can be found here.

At the same time, Germany is one of the leading countries in terms of the number of international visitors to Hispack. After Portugal, Italy and France, German trade visitors make up 10% of the international audience and are therefore represented in large numbers at the trade fair. Above all, the range of Spanish manufacturers and traders of materials and machines for processing and packaging is in great demand and is characterized by flexibility, quality and customer service.

In this sense, one should consider the importance of the German market for Hispack, as it is the second European destination for Spanish exports of packaging technology after France.

Hispack, the key to the Spanish market

For international companies, participating in Hispack is the best way to initiate business opportunities in the Spanish market and come into contact with companies dealing with packaging, process and logistics technology as well as packaging and filling solutions. Hispack has been the sector’s leading trade fair in Spain for more than 40 years and one of the most important in the European trade fair calendar for the packaging industry. This year, more than 720 exhibitors from 28 countries and 1,250 brands will be present at the Fira de Barcelona exhibition center in Gran Via. More than 27,000 professionals are expected, 10% of whom come from abroad.

60% of Hispack’s offering is made up of equipment and machinery for processing, packaging, filling, packaging manufacturing, coding, labeling and marking, automation, robotics and logistics. The remaining 40% of exhibitors present raw materials and materials for packaging, containers and packaging, as well as POS elements for various industrial and consumer sectors, as well as for distribution, e-commerce and retail.

70% of Hispack’s offering is Spanish and the remaining 30% is international. Turkey is the country with the most exhibitors (62), followed by Italy (39), China (31), Germany (25), France (16), the Netherlands (9), Portugal (8) and the United Kingdom ( 6). The list of exhibitors also includes companies from Poland, Belgium, the USA, Egypt, Greece, Morocco, Algeria, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Slovenia, Finland, Malaysia, Mexico, Japan, Latvia, Taiwan, San Marino and Singapore.

Hispack director Xavier Pascual emphasizes: “The possibilities of the Spanish market and its continuous growth rates are the main attractions for international companies participating in Hispack, as well as the trade fair’s connection with Latin America and the Mediterranean countries due to their cultural and geographical proximity.”

Almost 90% of Hispack visitors come from Spain. In the international context, Portugal was the country with the most trade visitors in 2022, followed by Italy, France, Germany, Morocco, Turkey, Chile, Mexico, Colombia and the United Kingdom.

In order to promote business discussions with trade visitors from potential markets with specific investment projects, Hispack focuses its program with invited buyers on Mexico, Poland, Morocco and Tunisia. In parallel, Hispack will present Japan as a market opportunity for the European packaging industry. With this in mind, a Japanese delegation will be welcomed and May 9th will be dedicated to success stories and networking between European and Japanese companies.

IBC, meeting point for international visitors

In order to offer the international audience a better experience, Hispack will set up the International Business Center (IBC) in Hall 3 of the exhibition center as a reception point with specific services and its own program of activities.

At the IBC, international visitors can receive personalized advice on the most suitable Spanish suppliers for the development of their projects, attend conferences on potential markets and attend presentations of success stories from Spanish manufacturers (Why Spanish Solutions) as well as international manufacturers (Best in class). . A brokerage event also takes place to find suppliers or employees. Thematic trade fair tours are also offered here.

Related articles

REC to present products of Russian manufacturers at the international food and beverage trade exhibition Gulfood

On February 13, the international food and beverage trade exhibition Gulfood 2022 will open in Dubai. More than 60 Russian companies will present their products with the support of the Russian Export Center (part of VEB.RF). These products have already been highly praised in the Gulf countries markets and are popular among customers: pastry, dairy

Paradise Fruits provides a ‘customized journey’

Paradise Fruits by Jahncke, the global supplier of naturally healthy and delicious food ingredients, will take part in this year’s World Confectionery Conference with a special presentation. Taking place during the first-ever virtual Conference on Tuesday 1st June, the presentation, titled ‘A Customer Journey’, will be hosted by Richard Horsley, Sales Director of Paradise Fruits Solutions, alongside